Sunday, October 23, 2011

An ode to one of my long time friends

Hey, Where are you?  How long have I been waiting for you? I am seeing not even a symptom which can raise a ray of hope in me in finding you. Whenever I felt your presence, I felt elated. I have always enjoyed your company since my childhood. The bondage, we both have been having all these days, seems to have eased out now. I have been chasing for you for quite some time now since last May end, but you are keeping on eluding me.
I have had enough. I have been losing my patience quickly. Please reveal yourself as fast as you can. You cannot keep a friend of yours waiting for this long. I have always come for your rescue even when some of my family members including my father abused and cursed you. I have been showering you with floral tributes every year when a few others hated seeing you for the havoc you create, resulted from your mischief.
I have been showering you with my love and affection all right. But when are you planning to start showering? Please don’t make me wait further. It is your duty to shower. I want you to come with “cats and dogs”. Please darken Chennai completely and cover the sky. Pour in as fast as and as heavy as you can. I am finding your absence very difficult to bear. I am sweating a lot and humidity is on the rise even now at this stage of the year in October.
To add to my woes, I am not having even an a/c at home. Announced and unannounced power cuts are killing me. I never thought about a/c when you arrive and frankly speaking just looking at you even for a second makes me oblivious of the past where I had to endure a scorching summer. So, may I know why am I forsaken this year where you have chosen to part away from me atleast till now?
During my school days, you used to surprise me by forcing my school to declare holidays when I failed to do my homework. You became my friend ever since and though it hardly matters to me nowadays as I am no more a school going kid, expecting surprise holidays, I have not forgotten that good gesture of yours which had spared me from the wrath of my teachers on more than one occasion. So, even now when you create trouble to the people on the low lying areas by continuously pouring on them and wash away their homes I am unable to dislike you. So what stops you to come? Be punctual. It is better late than never. There is more than a month left for you to do anything you want. I am praying for your presence and if you are my true friend come and cheer me up immediately.
Hey, winter! please arrive and bring in the monsoon.
From your friend,
who keeps on looking at the skies.



5 comments:

  1. good inspiration from rain rain go away rhymes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like ur friend is very happy with your post. Hes really come full force with his pussies and bitches (ooops... I meant cats and dogs!)

    And like you spoiled the fun of diwali!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend has heard you. When you wish something truly, God ensures that you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one.. i come from a very rainy place and had the pleasure of missing school for days at a time cos of rains.. no rains in Hyderabad :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks to rain which came the very next day of this blog. it is pouring for the last two days.i hope it continues

    ReplyDelete