Thursday, July 28, 2011

A return of old feeling

One fine Monday morning, as I got up with the silly idea of going to work, I felt indisposed. I do not want to mention why I was unwell as the people who enter my blog, if I say it, will close their nose and will make their way out. Then, I applied leave on that day and stayed home, taking the prescribed tablets given by the doctor.

As the day passed by, the ghost feeling of office work got into me and I knew I was not going to be alright the next day either and so it doubled my anxiety as I did not know how much every day of my absence from duty could cost me. Anyway, as I expected I was unable to go to office for the second consecutive day. Thereafter, having gone tired of unleashing the wastages every now and then, inspite of taking tablets, informed my colleagues of my inability to go to office.

To while away the time, charged my laptop and started doing what I do best which is nothing but g-talking with my friends. Then again had a small nap in the afternoon and thus the life went on during the second day of my absence from the office and the saga continued for the third day and so it went on for the next three days. Then finally the Sunday came. That Sunday, though was not one of my favourite Sundays as it followed my week long abstinence from my duty. I found that a Sunday tastes well when you were to office six days a week and when it comes to facing the same day after holidays it really bitters your taste.
The day, which most of the people would like to circumvent, finally came. As I woke up, that old feeling returned. That feeling came to haunt me almost “bees saal baad”. It is the day of facing reality something like what I had to face every year when the first week of June comes during school hood days. As the summer holidays passes I happened to have that feeling every year once the May ended. That feeling, Oh my God, after a loooooooooooooong time, finally returned. Really, I felt like a school kid going to office on that Monday.
Finally, I murmured to myself the words of shelly that I read during my child hood days. It goes like this “ If winter comes, can spring be far behind”. So, with the hope of getting one more Sunday, started from home as a reluctant office- goer.

3 comments:

  1. Very beautifully put. Monday morning blues.
    Listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjFoQxjgbrs&ob=av2e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday syndrome is there in everyone, we have all the reason to stay away from work, credit the awsome weather. May be one should have also stepped out to feel the weather rather than stay in house all these days unless you are really sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. u r paid here...u paid to school...yup

    ReplyDelete